Bookings for this course are now closed
If you would like to be put on a waitlist for the next vacancy in a critique group, please email [email protected] and we'll make sure you have advanced notice of any future vacancies.
Writing Critique Group:
Fridays 10am - 1pm
This is a structured and tutor-led critique group, with a maximum number of 4 writers plus the tutor in each round of 6 sessions. This means you get a range of opinions about your work, with plenty of focused and highly constructive feedback. Perhaps even more valuable in terms of honing your craft, is the opportunity to learn to critique the work of your fellow group members and observe tutor feedback on everybody's offerings.
There really is no better way to up-skill yourself as a writer in a safe and supportive environment.
How the sessions work
These groups are very supportive and constructive and not a bit scary once you settle in. Your fellow group members will quickly become your writing tribe, here to help and support you, to cheer you on, offer advice, share their skills and dole out tough love when necessary. Your writing will improve in leaps and bounds as your skill set develops and your confidence grows along with that.
`How the groups work:
- Our sessions all take place live on Zoom.
- You will be sent a joining link to be used for all 6 sessions when you register for the course.
- Each 'Round' consists of 6 x 3 hour sessions, dates set in advance.
- With just 4 participants per group, the sessions are highly focused, ensuring you get plenty of quality feedback.
- Each week, 2 people will share work for critiquing, then rotate the following week.
- Over the course of the Round, you will bring 3 pieces of work to the group.
- Work submitted should aim to be around 2,000 words, with an upper limit of 2,500 words.
- Once you are in the group, you will have priority access to the next round of 6 sessions.
Ready to join this critique group?
Once you register for the Round, you will receive an email with more information and a link to the Zoom room (keep this bookmarked somewhere safe).